You can access the Project Reports portlet to schedule and view any Project Management module reports that have been assigned to the portlet. With the required security privilege, you can additionally add reports from the Project Management module to share with other project members.
You can schedule recurring reports that run periodically at a certain date, or you can schedule a report to run once. When you schedule a report, the portlet submits the job request to the Oracle Primavera Job Service. The Job Service processes the request at the scheduled time and runs the report. Keep in mind that the Job Service runs the reports by logging in as the user who schedules the report. Thus, user security and access settings always apply, and the same report might not return the same data for users with different privileges.
Tip: To schedule reports, you must have the Job Service installed and configured for the database you are using.
To schedule a report to run
- In the Project Reports portlet of the Project Workspace, mark the checkbox beside the report's name, then click Schedule.
Tip: If the Project Reports portlet is not displayed, you can customize the Project Workspace to display it, provided you have the privilege required to modify the workspace. Additionally, if no reports are listed in the portlet, then no reports have been assigned to the portlet; to assign a report to the portlet, click Assign Report.
- Next, use the scheduling options to specify when you want the report to run. You can choose to run the report as soon as possible or at a recurring day and time.
Tip: Schedule options for a report are disabled if the report's Schedule State is Disabled. To enable the scheduling options, choose Enabled in the Schedule State section.
- After choosing a scheduling option, click OK. The selected report is then submitted to the Job Service and runs at the scheduled time. Note that you can schedule more than one report at a time. The scheduling options you choose apply to all selected reports.
Tip: You cannot create new reports in P6 Web Access, but you can assign an unlimited number of existing Project Management module reports to the Project Reports portlet.
After a report runs, you can then view the report in HTML format or in Microsoft® Excel.
To view the report in HTML format, click the link to the report's name.
To view the report in Microsoft Excel, mark the checkbox beside the report's name, then click Open in Excel. This option is available only if the report has been run successfully and its status is Complete. You can only view one report at a time, and you must have Microsoft Excel installed on your machine to the view the report.
Tip: Viewing large reports may take a long time depending on your configuration.
The portlet does not provide version control for reports, so a recurring
report always overwrites the previous version. The Last Run Date column provides
you information when the report was created. You can, however, save a personal
copy of the report.
To save a copy of a report, view the report, then choose File, Save As.
- Report Name
- The name of the assigned report. When the report's status is Complete, the report name becomes a link to the report. Click it to view the report. If the report's status is not Complete (Failed, Pending, Running, or blank), the report name is not a link.
- Schedule State
- The state of the report's scheduling options. If it is Enabled, the report is scheduled to run. If it is Disabled, the report's scheduling is temporary disabled. To enable or disable a report's scheduling, click Schedule.
- Last Run Date
- The date the Job Service last ran the report. This date is filled even if the report failed. To set the date format, click Preferences at the top right of P6 Web Access.
- Schedule Type
- The report's currently selected schedule
option. If this is a recurring schedule, it displays the frequency of
scheduling ( e.g., Every Week). If the report is scheduled to run only
once as soon as possible, it displays ASAP.
To change the report's schedule options, click Schedule.
- The current status of the submitted
report as Pending, Running, Complete, or Failed. If you have not scheduled
the report yet, this column appears blank.
Pending, if the report is scheduled to run for the first time. The Run Date column is blank in this case, since the report has never been run yet.
Running, if the report is being run by the Job Service.
Complete, if the last run was successful. To view the report, click the name of the report.
Failed, if the last run was unsuccessful. To learn more about the cause of the error, click the Failed status message.