This document includes important, late-breaking information about this release of Oracle’s Hyperion® Data Integration Management Adapter for Essbase® Review this information thoroughly before installing DIM Adapter for Essbase.
The section includes important information about installing this release of DIM Adapter for Essbase.
· For System Requirements see the document, Hyperion® Data Integration Management Installation Guide.
· Sample files are provided to better understand the DIM Adapter for Essbase, these sample files are available in the dimaas_11111_windows_x86_client.zip file, to work with the sample files, see the Data Integration Management Adapter for Essbase Sample Readme.
This release of DIM Adapter for Essbase is compatible with the following software releases:
· Oracle Hyperion Data Integration Management Release 126.96.36.199
· Oracle’s Hyperion Essbase Release 7.1.x and later, Hyperion Essbase – System 9 and later, or Oracle Essbase Release 11.1.1, 188.8.131.52, and 11.1.2
· Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.1 SP3
Successful installation on an HP-UX platform requires write access to the .log or .profile file, as follows:
· Bourne and Korn—$HOME/.profile
· CShell and TCShell—$HOME/.login
The locale set on the computer that is running Informatica PowerCenter and hosting the adapter must have a codepage setting that is compatible with the Essbase server. Otherwise, the adapter cannot process data.
Settings for ESSLANG and required environmental variables in a Japanese locale:
· ESSLANG on Essbase Server—Japanese_Japan.MS932@Binary
· ESSLANG on PowerCenter server computer hosting PowerCenter Clients—Japanese_Japan.MS932@Binary
· Other environment variables:
The Codepage setting for Server Configuration in Workflow Manager is MS Windows Japanese, Superset of Shift JIS.
· Extracting ASO application with multiple partitions fails. BDB 6606698
· Dynamic dimension build fails for a unicode database or application extract. BDB 6565472
· Alias members for ASO outlines are not extracted. When the source table type 1 / 2 is created on the ASO outline by mapping a dimension with an alias, the session for data extraction fails, logging “Active[Default] alias table is empty.”
· If you export a mapping to XML using a release of Data Integration Management Adapter for Essbase earlier than Release 9.3.1 and then try to import it back using Release 9.3.1, the import fails because of changes in the DATABASETYPE and DOMAINNAME values. You can rectify these errors by making the following changes in the exported XML file:
· Change the value of the DATABASETYPE attribute in the Source / Target element from HyperionAnalyticServices to HyperionEssbase.
· Change the value of the DOMAINNAME attribute in the METADATAEXTENSION element from Hyperion Analytic Service Domain to Hyperion Essbase Domain (including the spaces). CR 8-628277941
· Statistics in Session logs shows incorrect numbers when the transformation fails. CR 8-503537911
· If the Designer wizard does not create the DSN and displays the error message “Essbase initialization Failed,” make sure that the ARBORPATH and PATH environment variables are set correctly.
· If you encounter an error message saying that the Essbase Reader/Writer library could not be loaded, check the library path settings. If the problem persists after the library path is corrected, restart PowerCenter Server.
· Ensure that you have an execute permission for all library files installed in the HASConnector/bin folder.
· For type 3 dimension hierarchy building, you must first create the dimension through the Administration Console in either Data Integration Management or Essbase.
The most recent version of each Hyperion product guide is available for download from the Documentation area of the Oracle Technical Network (OTN) Web site (http://www.oracle.com/technology/index.html).
Documentation is also available from the Oracle E-Delivery Web site (http://edelivery.oracle.com/EPD/WelcomePage/get_form). Please note that individual product guides are available for download on the Oracle Technical Network (OTN) Web site only.
© 2010, Oracle and / or its affiliates. All rights reserved.