- All Known Implementing Classes:
- BufferedReader, CharArrayReader, CharBuffer, FileReader, FilterReader, InputStreamReader, LineNumberReader, PipedReader, PushbackReader, Reader, StringReader
- public interface Readable
A Readable is a source of characters. Characters from
a Readable are made available to callers of the read
method via a
Attempts to read characters into the specified character buffer.
int read(CharBuffer cb)
- Attempts to read characters into the specified character buffer.
The buffer is used as a repository of characters as-is: the only
changes made are the results of a put operation. No flipping or
rewinding of the buffer is performed.
cb - the buffer to read characters into
- @return The number of char values added to the buffer,
or -1 if this source of characters is at its end
IOException - if an I/O error occurs
NullPointerException - if cb is null
ReadOnlyBufferException - if cb is a read only buffer