|C H A P T E R 1|
Getting Started With the Command-Line Interface
This chapter explains how to get started with the command-line interface (CLI), arcconf. The arcconf CLI can be used with RAID host bus adapters (HBAs).
This chapter contains the following sections:
The arcconf CLI allows you to do the following:
This section contains the following subsections:
To install the CLI, obtain the Sun StorageTek RAID Manager CD that is provided in the product ship kit or obtain the latest version of the software at: http://support.intel.com/support/go/sunraid.htm
The CLI is automatically installed in the same directory as the Sun StorageTek RAID Manager software and must remain there.
You can install the CLI on the following operating systems (OS) and technology:
For information about the specific OS and technology product versions that are supported, see the Sun StorageTek SAS RAID HBA installation documentation at: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/prod/stortek.raid.hba#hicl
1. Start the computer.
2. After the Windows OS starts, insert the Sun StorageTek RAID Manager CD.
3. When the installation program starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the CLI.
1. Start the computer.
2. After the Linux OS starts, insert and mount the Sun StorageTek RAID Manager CD.
3. Change to the cdrom directory.
4. Extract the RPM package and install it.
5. Unmount the CD:
1. Insert the Sun StorageTek RAID Manager CD.
The CD mounts automatically. (If it does not, manually mount the CD using a command similar to the one shown in this step. Refer to your operating system documentation for detailed instructions.)
2. Install the Sun StorageTek RAID Manager software.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Eject or unmount the CD. Refer to your operating system documentation for detailed instructions.
1. Insert and then mount the Sun StorageTek RAID Manager CD.
2. Change to the cdrom directory.
3. Extract the Linux Sun StorageTek RAID Manager RPM package and install it.
|Note - Ignore the note that says “Application can be started by typing /usr/StorMan/StorMan.sh”. The console has no graphical capability.|
Type the appropriate command for your operating system/technology:
Replace install-directory with the directory where the CLI is installed.
To see a list of available commands, type arcconf at the prompt. The CLI command functions are detailed in the next chapter.