Prior to system installation, confirm that the following requirements have been met.
1.1 System Components
- Has the system configuration been determined?
- What is the total number of systems?
- Have system administrators and operators taken the necessary Sun Microsystems training courses?
1.3 Environmental Requirements
- Does the computer room environment meet the temperature and humidity specifications listed in Table 3-1?
- Can the computer room environment specifications be maintained satisfactorily?
- Is additional fire suppression equipment required?
1.4 Facility Power Requirements
- Have you determined at what voltage the system cabinet and peripheral cabinet(s) will be operated?
- Have sufficient power receptacles been ordered for each system, monitor, and peripheral?
- Are circuit breakers properly installed and labeled?
- Are the power receptacles within 11.5 feet (3.5 meters) of the server cabinet system, or within 6 feet (1.8 meters) of the standalone server system?
1.5 Physical Specifications
- Has the system location been established?
- Does the equipment floor layout meet the equipment maintenance access and air flow requirements?
- Is the equipment positioned so that the exhaust air of one device does not enter the air inlet of another?
1.6 Planning Your Access Route
- Has the access route been checked against Table 2-5 for clearances of the packaged system?
- Has a proper pallet jack been checked against Table 2-6 for weight limitation for moving the system?
- Has the elevator been checked against Table 2-5 for clearances and Table 2-6 for weight restrictions of the packaged system?
Copyright © 2006, Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.