Regulatory Compliance Statements
Your Sun product is marked to indicate its compliance class:
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) -- USA
- Department of Communications (DOC) -- Canada
- Voluntary Control Council for Interference (VCCI) -- Japan
Please read the appropriate section that corresponds to the marking on your Sun product before attempting to install the product.
FCC Class B Notice
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1. 1. This device may not cause harmful interference.
2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/television technician for help.
Shielded Cables: Connections between the workstation and peripherals must be made using shielded cables in order to maintain compliance with FCC radio frequency emission limits. Networking connections can be made using unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cables.
Modifications: Any modifications made to this device that are not approved by Sun Microsystems, Inc. may void the authority granted to the user by the FCC to operate this equipment.
DOC Class B Notice - Avis DOC, Classe B
This Class B digital apparatus meets all requirements of the Canadian Interference-Causing Equipment Regulations.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe B respecte toutes les exigences du Règlement sur le matériel brouilleur du Canada.
Copyright © 2007, Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.