How to Remove a Fabric Expansion Module
The CMOD has two FEM slots. FEM support is available in slot
0 only. Slot 0 is the slot nearest the edge of the CMOD.
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Remove the CMOD from the server. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Set the CMOD on a flat antistatic surface with ample surrounding space and
- Remove the CMOD cover. See How to Remove the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- To disconnect the FEM from the connector on the motherboard, push down on
the FEM release button on the rear of the server.
This action ejects the FEM from its connector.
- Carefully lift the FEM at the connector end.
The FEM is secured at the opposite end by a retaining clip on
the front support bracket.
- To remove the FEM, slide it away from the retaining clip and
out of the server.
- Prepare the server for operation. See How to Prepare for Operation.
How to Install a Fabric Expansion Module