Install an InfiniBand Cable
- Identify the prerequisite and subsequent service tasks you must perform in conjunction with this
See Servicing InfiniBand Cables.
- Determine your next steps:
- If you are cabling an entire switch after a replacement procedure, locate the
cable for connector 17B and go to Step 5.
- If you are installing a replacement cable to the switch, start the procedure
at Step 3.
- Inspect the replacement InfiniBand cable.
See Inspecting the InfiniBand Cables.
- Bring the replacement cable to the switch.
- Feed the cable through the cable management hardware.
- Orient the cable connector to the QSFP receptacle squarely and horizontally.
Ensure that the L groove is up for the top row of
receptacles, or that the L groove is down for the bottom row of
Note - On some QSFP cable connectors, there is a retraction strap. Both the retraction
strap and L groove indicate the reference surface for the connector. When installing
QSFP cables in the top row of receptacles (0A, 1A, 2A, and so
on), ensure that the L groove and retraction strap are up. When installing
QSFP cables in the bottom row of receptacles (0B, 1B, 2B, and so
on) ensure that the L groove and retraction strap are down. See Identify the InfiniBand Cable.
- Slowly move the connector in.
As you slide the connector in, the shell should be in the center
of the QSFP receptacle.
If the connector stops or binds after about 1/4 in. (5 mm) travel, back out and repeat from Step 6.
If the connector stops or binds with about 1/8 in. (2 mm) still to go, back out and repeat Step 7.
- Continue to push the connector in until you feel a detent.
- Secure the cable into the cable management hardware.
Close hook-and-loop fasteners at bundles and securing hard points.
- If you are installing all cables as part of a switch replacement procedure,
repeat from Step 5 for all cables, working your way from right to left.
- Replace the cover for the cable management bracket and tighten the thumbscrews.