This guide provides instructions for upgrading Oracle’s Sun Netra CT900 Servers with higher-speed fans, which are required to install and use any of the following products:
- Netra CP3240 10G switch
- Netra CP3220, Netra CP3260, and Netra CP3270 blade servers
- Netra SPARC T3-1BA blade server
- Netra CP32x0 Advanced Rear Transition Modules (ARTMs)
Upgrade the fans before installing any of these products. Also, the order they are listed is the recommended order in which to install the products.
Software and firmware on the servers must be at least ATCA R3-RR version or newer. For download and installation instructions, refer to Sun Netra CT900 Server Product Notes.
For general safety information, refer to Important Safety Information for Sun Hardware Systems, included with the fan upgrade kit.
Upgrading Sun Netra CT900 Servers With New Fans
The upgrade must be performed in the following sequence:
- Upgrade ATCA release to update R3HW1-RR or newer
- Install the new fans
- Verify upgrades
Upgrading the Software and Firmware
Upgrade the software and firmware to R3HW1-RR. For download and installation instructions, refer to Sun Netra CT900 Server Product Notes and README files.
Installing the New Fans
Install the fans from left to right in the server, removing each old fan as you install each new fan. For hot-swap instructions and additional safety precautions, refer to Sun Netra CT900 Server Service Manual.
- To verify the ShMM version, enter clia version at the ShMM command line. The version should be at 2.4.4-R3HW1-RR or newer.
- To verify the Midplane FRUID image, enter the following at the ShMM command line:
# clia fruinfo -v 20 1 | grep "FRU Programmer File" The version should be at 11592458CDBIN-R3HW1-RR.inf or newer.
- To verify the new fans, enter clia fruinfo fan_tray x | grep "Product Part" at the ShMM command line. Where <x> is 1, 2, and 3 for fan tray slots 0, 1, and 2, respectively. The new fans are part number 380-1559-xx or newer.
For clia commands, refer to Sun Netra CT900 Server Administration and Reference Manual.
If you have technical questions about this product that are not answered in the product documentation, go to: