Use the package-appclient command to pack the application client container libraries and jar files into an appclient.jar file. The created file is located at appserver_install_dir/lib/appclient/appclient.jar.
The appclient.jar file provides an application client container package targeted at remote hosts that do not contain a server installation.
The appclient.jar archive contains native code and can be used on a target machine that is of similar architecture as the machine where it was produced. So, for example, an appclient.jar produced on a Solaris SPARC platform cannot be used on a Windows client
After copying the appclient.jar file to a remote location, unjar it to get a set of libraries and jar files in the appclient directory
After unjarring on the client machine, modify appclient_install_dir/config/asenv.conf (asenv.bat for Windows) as follows:
- set AS_WEBSERVICES_LIB to appclient_install_dir/lib
- set AS_NSS to appclient_install_dir/lib (appclient_install_dir\bin for Windows)
- set AS_IMQ_LIB to appclient_install_dir/imq/lib
- set AS_INSTALL to appclient_install_dir
- set AS_JAVA to your JDK 1.4 home directory
- set AS_ACC_CONFIG to appclient_install_dir/config/sun-acc.xml
Modify appclient_install_dir/config/sun-acc.xml as follows:
- Ensure the DOCTYPE file references appclient_install_dir/lib/dtds
- Ensure that target-server address attribute refrences the server machine.
- Ensure that target-server port attribute refrences the ORB port on the remote machine.
- Ensure that log-service references a log file; if the user wants to put log messages to a log file.
Modify appclient_install_dir/bin/appclient (appclient.bat for Windows) as follows:
- change token %CONFIG_HOME% to appclient_install_dir/config