Sun ONE Application Server 7 What's New
What’s New in Sun ONE Application Server
Part Number 817-2165-10
The Sun ONE Application Server 7 core introduces a wide variety of new features that enhance both the developer and operational experience.
All of these new features are included in all editions of the product.
The Sun ONE Application Server 7 distribution includes the following developer features:
- Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.3 Compatible including
- Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE platform) 1.4
- Integrated Java Web Services
- Updated Sun ONE Studio Integration with seamless debugging and deployment
- Dynamic (“Hot”) Deployment and Reloading
- JSP Source-level Debugging
- Greatly Enhanced Container Managed Persistence (CMP) Support
- Easy-to-configure, XML-based Server Configuration
- Lifecycle Listener Classes (sophisticated startup and shutdown classes)
- Integrated J2EE Application Verification Utility
- Extensive Sample Applications
- Ant Build Facility Integration
- Easy Installation with Minimal Dependencies (no separate web server or directory server required)
The Sun ONE Application Server 7 distribution includes the following operational features:
- Integrated, High-Performance HTTP Server
- Integrated, Proven Sun ONE Message Queue 3.0, Platform Edition as the JMS Provider
- Virtual HTTP Server Support for Web Applications
- Multiple Administration Domains per Install Image (Separate application server configurations from single install image.)
- Web-based Administration
- Proxy Plugin for redirecting requests from web server to application server
- Full-featured, Remotable Command-line Interface Supporting Remote Monitoring
- Pluggable Authentication Based on Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS)
- Improved Logging with multiple log levels
- Platform-specific packaging with SVR4 style packages for Solaris
Additional Features in Standard Edition
- Remote web-based Administration interface
- Rights to use bundled Sun ONE Directory Server for User Authentication and limited application configuration
- Load Distribution by redirecting URIs configured on the web server to a different application server
- Remote monitoring using the SNMP monitoring facilities
See the Sun ONE Application Server 7 Platform Summary for more information.
Your rights to use the features are governed by License that you accept when installing the product. Please review the Supplemental Terms to determine the functionality you may use. Sun ONE Application Server 7 is a totally redesigned application server offering from Sun. This product does not support the AppLogic style applications supported by the iPlanet Application Server.
Copyright © 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Sun, Sun Microsystems, the Sun logo, Solaris, Java and the Java Coffee Cup logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Use of Sun ONE Application Server is subject to the terms described in the license agreement accompanying it.