How to Remove the Front I/O Board
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare the Server for Service.
- Remove all fan trays from the fan tray carriage. See How to Remove the Fan Tray.
- Remove all CPU modules or CPU filler boards from the chassis. See How to Remove a CPU Module or Filler Card.
- Remove the fan tray carriage from the chassis. See How to Remove the Fan Tray Carriage.
- Disconnect the two flex cable connectors that come from the front panel indicator
board from the front I/O board and the motherboard.
It is not necessary to remove the front panel indicator board.
- Remove the two screws that secure the front I/O board to the
- Remove the board from the chassis.