Deploying NameFinder in Glassfish
You can deploy NameFinder in Glassfish using either the autodeploy feature or the
graphical administration interface.
To Deploy NameFinder Using Autodeploy
- Make sure that the Glassfish server is running.
- Copy the WAR file for NameFinder into the autodeploy directory below the desired
domain (for example, domains/domain1/autodeploy).
- If necessary, rename the file in the process so that the name before
the .war extension matches what you want the application context to be.
For example, if you want the application context to be /namefinder, then rename
it to namefinder.war before putting it in the autodeploy directory.
Glassfish automatically detects the new WAR file and makes it available for use,
usually in a few seconds.
See Configuring NameFinder andConfirming the NameFinder Deployment for information about completing your NameFinder deployment.
To Deploy NameFinder Using the Administration GUI
- Log in to the Glassfish administrative interface and click on the Web Applications
The available web applications are displayed. Unless you have previously installed web applications,
the list is empty.
- Click the Deploy button.
The Deploy Enterprise Applications/Modules page appears in the browser, displaying fields where you
specify either the WAR file to the server or specify the path to
a WAR file already on the server system.
- Specify the WAR file to use, and also specify values in the
other fields as needed. The preceding figure shows typical values.
- Click the OK button, and the NameFinder gateway is deployed.
See Configuring NameFinder and Confirming the NameFinder Deployment for information about completing your NameFinder deployment.