Attach the Inner Rails to the Server
This procedure describes how to attach the inner rails to the server.
Note - References to “left” or “right” in this procedure assume that you are facing
the front of the equipment rack.
- Position the inner rail against the server so that the slide-rail lock is at
the front. See Attaching the Inner Glides to the Chassis.
Note - Each inner rail is labeled “left” and “right.” Ensure you are attaching the
inner rail to the correct side of the server.
Figure 4 Attaching the Inner Glides to the Chassis
1 Inner rail
2 Locating pin
3 Locking tab
- Align the six keyed openings on the inner rail with the six locating
pins on the side of the server.
- Press down on the rear part of the bracket while pushing the bracket
toward the rear of the server until the inner rail snaps into place.
- Verify that all six locating pins are trapped in the keyed openings.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 4 to install the remaining inner rail on the
other side of the server.