View the SP IP Address Using ILOM
- Connect a terminal (or PC running terminal emulation software) to the server serial port.
- Ensure that the server hardware is installed and cables are inserted.
Ensure that the power is in Standby mode and the green LED is
blinking. See Cabling the Server.
- Verify that your terminal, laptop, PC, or terminal server is operational.
- Configure the terminal device or the terminal emulation software running on a laptop
or PC to the following settings:
- 8N1: eight data bits, no parity, one stop bit
- 9600 baud
- Disable hardware flow control (CTS/RTS)
- Disable software flow control (XON/XOFF)
- Connect a null serial modem cable from the RJ-45 serial port on the
server back panel to a terminal device (if not connected already).
See Connect the Serial Management Cable for instructions.
- Press Enter on the terminal device to establish a connection between the terminal
device and the ILOM SP.
Note - If you connect to the serial port on the ILOM before it has
been powered on or during its power-on sequence, SP boot messages might be
The ILOM displays a login prompt, after a short wait.
- Type the default user name root, and then type the default password changeme
to log in to the ILOM SP.
The ILOM displays a default command prompt (->) indicating that you have successfully
- Type the command show /SP/network to display the current SP IP address.
The IP information displays, as shown in the following sample:
MACaddress = 00:1B:24:BE:4A:52
IPAddress = 126.96.36.199
Netmask = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 188.8.131.52
DNS = 0.0.0.0
IPSource = static
Hostname = SUNSP001B24BE4A52
- Record the IP address assigned to the ILOM.