Install a PCIe2 Riser
Note - The motherboard connector for PCIe2 riser 0 is different than the connector used
by PCIe2 risers 1 and 2. Do not attempt to install a PCIe2
riser in a different location on the motherboard.
- Determine into which slot you will install the PCIe2 riser.
See PCIe2 Riser Location and Differences.
- Retrieve the PCIe2 riser and gently press the riser into the motherboard connector
until it seats.
- Use a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver to tighten the three green captive screws
securing the PCIe riser to the system.
One internal captive screw secures the riser to the motherboard, and two external
screws secure the riser to rear panel.
- If there is a PCIe2 card installed in the riser, reconnect any external
or internal cables to the card.
- Return the server to operation.
See Returning Server to Operation.