Install the Lower PCIe2 Cards
- Prepare the server for service.
See Preparing the Server for Component Replacement.
- Remove the PCI mezzanine and place it on an antistatic mat.
See Remove the PCI Mezzanine.
- Remove the replacement card from its packaging and place it onto an antistatic
- Remove the PCIe2 riser from the system and place it on antistatic mat.
See Remove a PCIe2 Riser.
- If a filler panel is installed in the riser, remove the card securing
screw on the right side of the PCIe2 card faceplate.
Save the filler panel in case you must remove the PCIe2 card for
- Slide the PCIe2 card into the PCIe2 riser assembly connector until fully seated.
- Install the card securing screw on the right side of the PCIe2 card
- Seat the PCIe2 riser assembly into the motherboard.
Note - The motherboard connector for PCIe2 riser 0 is different than the connector used
by PCIe2 risers 1 and 2. Do not attempt to install a PCIe2
riser in a different location on the motherboard.
- Tighten the appropriate PCIe2 riser assembly securing screws.
- Install the PCI mezzanine.
See Install the PCI Mezzanine.
- Return the server to operation.
See Returning Server to Operation.
- Connect any external cable to the PCIe2 card.
Refer to your PCIe2 card documentation for more information.