|C H A P T E R 5|
This chapter describes the procedure to upgrade from earlier versions of Sun Ray Server Software.
Topics in this chapter include:
Tip - To avoid preserve script errors that can occur if user environment settings are carried forward, use the su command with one of the following arguments instead of using the command without arguments.
Tip - If you have already mounted the Sun Ray Server Software 3.1 CD-ROM locally or from a remote server, or if you have extracted the ESD files to an image directory, begin at Step 4.
1. As superuser, open a shell window on the Sun Ray server.
2. Use NFS, FTP, or other means to return the /var/tmp/SUNWut.upgrade/preserve_version.tar.gz
file to the Sun Ray server.
3. Insert the Sun Ray Server Software 3.1 CD-ROM.
If a file manager window opens, close it. The file manager CD-ROM window is not necessary for upgrade.
4. Change to the image directory. For example:
5. Upgrade Sun Ray Server Software:
The utinstall script:
Note - For a listing of utinstall error messages, see utinstall Error Messages.
6. Run the utfwadm command to update the DTU firmware.
a. For dedicated interconnects, run:
b. For LAN subnetworks, run:
7. Run utfwsync:
This step is required even for standalone servers.
8. See Configuration for instructions how to configure and reboot the Sun Ray server.
If other systems need a software upgrade, return to Preserving Configuration Data and repeat the tasks appropriate for each of those systems.