Remove a PCIe or XAUI Card
- Locate the PCIe/XAUI card that you want to remove. Note its corresponding riser board.
See Rear Panel Components and Indicators on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5120 Servers or Rear Panel Components and Indicators on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 Servers.
- If necessary, note where the PCIe/XAUI cards are installed.
- Unplug all data cables from the card.
Note the location of all cables for reinstallation later.
- Remove the riser board.
See Remove a PCIe/XAUI Riser
- Carefully remove the PCIe/XAUI card from the riser board connector.
- Place the PCIe/XAUI card on an antistatic mat.
- If you are not replacing the PCIe/XAUI card, install a PCIe/XAUI filler panel.
- SPARC Enterprise T5120: PCIe filler panels are located in the removable PCI cross
beam. Press the filler panel into the cross beam from the rear.
- SPARC Enterprise T5220: PCIe filler panels are located on the riser board assembly.
Press the filler panel into the riser board back panel from the rear.
Caution - To ensure proper system cooling and EMI shielding, you must use the appropriate
PCIe filler panel for the server.