Update the SAS/SATA Controller Firmware (Linux OS)
Note - Use a console connection to view status information during firmware updates.
- Stop all I/O functions on the card.
- Download the most up-to-date firmware from the LSI web site http://www.lsi.com/support/sun/.
Check the Sun Flash Accelerator F20 PCIe Card Product Notes for the
latest firmware versions.
- Download the sasflash utility from the LSI web site.
Find the generic sasflash utility under any controller, for example:
- Use the sasflash utility to update the LSI1068E firmware.
- After installing the firmware update, power off the system.
- Power on the system to activate the new firmware.
- Verify the new controller firmware was successfully installed: