View or Edit BIOS Settings for New Installations
- Reset the power on the server.
For example, to reset the power on a server:
- From the ILOM web interface, select the Remote Control --> Remote Power Control tab, then select the Power Cycle option from the Select Action drop-down list box.
- From the local server, press the Power button (approximately 1 second) on the front panel of the server to turn the server off, then press the Power button again to power on the server.
- From the ILOM CLI on the server SP, type: reset /SYS
The BIOS screen appears.
- When prompted in the BIOS screen, press F2 to access the BIOS Setup Utility.
After a few moments, the BIOS Setup Utility appears.
- To ensure that the factory defaults are set, do the following:
- Press F9 to automatically load the optimal factory default settings.
A message appears prompting you to continue this operation by selecting OK or to cancel this operation by selecting CANCEL.
- In the message, highlight OK then press Enter.
The BIOS Setup Utility screen appears with the cursor highlighting the first value in the system time field.
- In the BIOS Setup Utility, do the following to edit the values associated with the system time or date.
- Highlight the values you want to change.
Use up or down arrow keys to change between the system time and date selection.
- To change the values in the highlighted fields use these keys:
- PLUS (+) to increment the current value shown
- MINUS (-) to decrement the current value shown
- ENTER to move the cursor to the next value field
- To access the boot settings, select the Boot menu.
The Boot Settings menu appears.
- In the Boot Settings menu, use the down arrow key to select Boot Device
Priority, then press Enter.
The Boot Device Priority menu appears listing the order of the known bootable devices. The first device in the list has the highest boot priority.
- In the Boot Device Priority menu, do the following to edit the first boot device entry in the list:
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select the first entry in the list, then press Enter.
- In the Options screen, use the up and down arrow keys to select the default permanent boot device, then press Enter.
The device strings listed on the Boot menu and Options menu are in the format of: device type, slot indicator, and product ID string.
Note - You can change the boot order for other devices in the list by repeating Steps 7a and 7b for each device entry you want to change.
- To save changes and exit the BIOS Setup Utility, press F10.
Alternatively, you can save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup Utility by selecting Save on the Exit menu. A message appears prompting you to save changes and exit setup. In the message dialog, select OK, then press Enter.
Note - When using the ILOM Remote Console, F10 is trapped by the local OS. You must use the F10 option listed in the Keyboard drop-down menu that is available at the top of the Remote Console window.