Install a Power Supply
- Align the replacement power supply with the empty power supply chassis bay.
- Slide the power supply into the bay until it is fully seated.
Figure 92 Installing a Power Supply (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 Server)
Figure 93 Installing a Power Supply (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5240 Server)
- Based on the model of your server (AC or DC), apply power to
the power supply in one of the following ways:
- AC server models – Connect the power cord to the power supply.
- DC server models – Turn on the power using the circuit breaker at
the power source.
Caution - For server models with DC input power, do not disconnect and reconnect the
power cable at the Wago connector on the server DC power supply unit.
Instead, control the input power using the circuit breaker at the power source.
Verify that the PSU OK LED is lighted.
- Close the CMA, inserting the end of the CMA into the rear left
- Verify that the Fault LED on the replaced power supply, the system Power
Supply Fault LED, and the front and rear Service Required LEDs are off.