Identify Faulty FB-DIMMs Using the FB-DIMM Fault Locator Button
Use the FB-DIMM Fault Locator button to identify faulty FB-DIMMs. This button is
located on the motherboard.
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Disconnect power from the server.
See Removing Power From the System.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Top Cover.
- Open the air duct to gain to access the FB-DIMM Fault Locator button.
- Press the FB-DIMM Fault Locator button on the motherboard.
This will cause an amber LED associated with the faulty FB-DIMM to light
for a few minutes.
Figure 65 FB-DIMM Fault Locator Button on the Motherboard
- Note the FB-DIMM associated with the illuminated LED.
- Ensure that all other FB-DIMMs are seated correctly in their slots.