Install the Hard Drive Cage
Before You Begin
Before performing any installation steps, review the proper cable routing and connections. The
following topics contain detailed cable routing information.
- Position the hard drive cage in the chassis, over the chassis standoffs.
This is shown in the following figure.
Figure 100 Installing a Hard Drive Cage (Illustrating Installation in a Sun SPARC Enterprise T5240 Server)
- Connect the hard drive data cables.
Press the plug into its socket until the plug snaps into place.
If the cables do not reach the hard drive cage, perform this step
after Step 4.
- (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 server, 8 disk-capable) Remove fan FM1.
- Slide the hard drive cage back until the hard drive backplane engages with
the paddle card connector.
- Replace the No. 2 Phillips screws securing the hard drive cage to the
Two screws secure the disk cage to each side of the chassis.
- (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5240 server) Install the fan power boards.
See Install the Fan Power Board.
- (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5240 server) Install the fan modules.
See Install a Fan Module.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140) Install the inner glides.
Slide each inner glide onto the mounting studs on the server until the
glide snaps into place.
- (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140) Install the server into the rack.
See Reinstall the Server in the Rack.
- Install the hard drives.
Note - Take care to be certain you are installing the hard drives in the
correct drive bays.
See Install a Hard Drive.
- Install the DVD/USB module.
See Install the DVD/USB Module.
- Connect the power cords.
Note - As soon as the power cords are connected, standby power is applied. Depending
on how the firmware is configured, the system might boot at this time.
- Power on the system.
See Power On the Server Using the poweron Command.