Install a PCIe or XAUI Card
- Unpack the replacement PCIe or XAUI card and place it on an antistatic mat.
- Locate the proper PCIe/XAUI slot for the card you are replacing.
- If necessary, review the PCIe and XAUI card guidelines to plan your installation.
See PCIe and XAUI Card Reference for Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 Servers for additional information.
- Remove the PCIe/XAUI riser board.
See Remove a PCIe/XAUI Riser
- Remove the PCI filler panel.
- Insert the PCIe/XAUI card into the correct slot on the riser board.
- Replace the PCIe/XAUI riser.
See Install a PCIe/XAUI Riser
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover
- Slide the server into the rack.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Connect any data cables required to the PCIe/XAUI card.
Route data cables through the cable management arm.
- Connect the power supplies.
See Connect Power Cords to the Server
Note - As soon as the power cords are connected, standby power is applied. Depending
on how the firmware is configured, the system might boot at this time.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server Using the poweron Command or Power On the Server Using the Front Panel Power Button.