Install a Memory Mezzanine Assembly
Before You Begin
Caution - This procedure requires that you handle components that are sensitive to static discharge. Static
discharges can cause the components to fail.
- Remove any filler panels from the memory mezzanine connector slots, if necessary.
Store the filler panels in a safe place. You will reuse the filler
panels if you remove the memory mezzanine assembly in the future.
- Ensure that the release levers are extended.
- Lower the memory mezzanine assembly into the chassis.
Ensure that the connectors between the memory mezzanine assembly and the motherboard are
Figure 82 Installing the Memory Mezzanine Assembly
- Close the levers to lock the memory mezzanine assembly into place.
- Install the memory riser air duct.
Figure 83 Installing the Memory Mezzanine Air Duct
- (Optional) Install the shipping bracket.
Two captive screws secure the shipping bracket.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Attach the power cables.
See Connect Power Cords to the Server
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server Using the poweron Command or Power On the Server Using the Front Panel Power Button.