Install a Power Distribution Board
- If you are installing a new PDB to replace a faulty PDB, reattach
the bus bar assembly to the new PDB by replacing the four screws
that connect them to each other.
- Lower the PDB/bus bar assembly into the chassis as shown in panel 1
of Installing a PDB Assembly.
The PDB fits over a series of mushroom-shaped standoffs on the floor of
- Slide the PDB/bus bar assembly toward the connector board, until it plugs into
the connector board as shown in panel 1 of Installing a PDB Assembly.
- Using a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver, install the screw that secures the PDB
to the chassis and connect the top cover interlock cable to the PDB
as shown in panel 2 of Installing a PDB Assembly.
Figure 39 Installing a PDB Assembly
- Replace all power supplies.
Slide each power supply into its bay until it locks into place. Refer
to Install a Power Supply.
- Reinstall the motherboard assembly.
Refer to Install the Motherboard Assembly.
- Reconnect AC power cords to the power supplies. Make sure to use the
power cord retaining clips to keep power cords secure.
Refer to Install AC Power Cord Retention Clips.
- Replace the top chassis cover.
Refer to Replace the Top Chassis Cover.
- Return the system to the installed position.
Refer to Return the System to the Fully Installed Position.
- Reconnect any cables that were disconnected before the motherboard was removed.
- Restore power to the system.
Refer to Power On the System.
- If you installed a new PDB to replace a faulty PDB, program the
new PDB with the chassis serial number.
Refer to Obtaining the Chassis Serial Number.