Install a Connector Board Assembly
- Insert the cable that connects the board to the PDB, lower the new
connector board into the chassis at a slight angle, and tilt it back
toward the side of the chassis until it is vertical as shown in
panels 1 and 2 of Installing the Connector Board Assembly.
The connector board fits over a series of standoffs in the chassis side
- Slide the connector board forward toward the energy storage backplane until it plugs
into the backplane as shown in panel 3 of Installing the Connector Board Assembly.
- Using a No. 1 Phillips screwdriver, replace and tighten the two screws that
secure the connector board to the energy storage backplane as shown in panel
2 of Installing the Connector Board Assembly.
Figure 41 Installing the Connector Board Assembly
- Reinstall the power distribution board.
Refer to Install a Power Distribution Board.
- Reinstall the motherboard assembly.
Refer to Install the Motherboard Assembly.
- Reinstall both fan boards.
Refer to Install a Fan Board.
- Reinstall the fan modules.
Refer to Install a Fan Module.
- Replace the top chassis cover.
Refer to Replace the Top Chassis Cover.
- Return the system to the installed position.
Refer to Return the System to the Fully Installed Position.
- Reconnect any power cables that were disconnected before the connector board was removed.
- Restore power to the system.
Refer to Power On the System.