Install the Slide Rail Assemblies
- Pull both mounting brackets completely out of their respective slide rails.
- Simultaneously press and hold the upper and lower lock buttons of the slide
Figure 31 Unlocking the Express Rail Slide Rail Assembly
- Pull the mounting bracket out until it stops.
- Slide the mounting bracket release button to the left, then slide the mounting
bracket completely out of the slide rail.
Figure 32 Express Rail Mounting Bracket Release Button
- Attach a mounting bracket to the right side of the server chassis.
- Position the mounting bracket against the chassis. Ensure that the slide rail lock
is at the front and the keyed openings on the mounting bracket are
aligned with the locating pins on the side of the chassis.
Figure 33 Attaching an Express Rail Mounting Bracket to the Chassis
- Ensure that the heads of the four locating pins protrude through the keyed
openings in the mounting bracket. Slide the mounting bracket toward the front of
the chassis until the bracket locks into place with an audible click.
- Verify that all four locating pins are trapped in the keyed openings and
that the third locating pin from the front has engaged the mounting bracket
- Attach the second mounting bracket to the left side of the server chassis.
- Orient slide rails, ensuring that the ball bearing tracks (labeled FRONT) are forward.
Figure 34 Express Rail Slide Rails Orientation for Installation
- Extend the slide rails (outer section) to fit the rack and attach the
slide rails to the rack.
You hear an audible click when the rails securely attach to the rack.
Figure 35 Attaching Express Slide Rails to the Rack
Caution - Deploy the antitilt feature on the rack before continuing the installation.