Removing and Replacing the Top Panel
Oracle’s Sun Rack II has an opening in the top panel, toward the
rear of the rack, to allow power and data cables to be routed
through. However, for additional equipment, ventilation, or cabling needs, you can remove the
Remove the Top Panel
- If necessary, power off the rack.
See Power the Rack Off.
- Open the front door and disconnect the grounding strap connected to the top
The grounding strap can be found near the top, front of the rack
(see Removing the Top Panel). Disconnect the strap by pressing down on the tab of the
strap’s quick-release connector and pulling the strap away from the connector.
- Using a No. 2 screwdriver, remove the five No. 2 Phillips screws securing
the support brace to the rack (see Removing the Top Panel).
Figure 4-7 Removing the Top Panel
- Lift the support brace up and off the rack.
- Carefully lift the top panel up and off the rack.
Replace the Top Panel
- Carefully place the top panel on top of the rack.
- Place the top panel support brace on the rear of the top panel.
Line up the support brace screw holes with the holes in the rack
- Using a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver, tighten five No. 2 screws to secure
the support brace and the top panel to the rack frame (see Removing the Top Panel).
- Open the front door and connect the grounding strap to the top panel
(see Removing the Top Panel).
- If necessary, power on the rack.
See Power the Rack On.