Install Replacement FB-DIMMs
Before You Begin
Before beginning this procedure, ensure that you are familiar with the information provided
in these topics:
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Remove power from the server.
See Disconnect Power Cords From the Server .
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Top Cover.
- (SPARC Enterprise T5140 servers) Disconnect and stow the hard drive data cable:
- Unplug the hard drive data cable from J6401 on the motherboard.
- Remove the hard drive data cable from its seat on the CMP air
- Place the hard drive cable end out of the way of the air
- Unpack the replacement FB-DIMMs and place them on an antistatic mat.
- Ensure that the ejector tabs on the connector that will receive the FB-DIMM
are in the open position.
- Align the FB-DIMM notch with the key in the connector.
Caution - Ensure that the orientation is correct. The FB-DIMM might be damaged if the
orientation is reversed.
Figure 67 Installing FB-DIMMs
- Push the FB-DIMM into the connector until the ejector tabs lock the FB-DIMM
If the FB-DIMM does not easily seat into the connector, verify that the
orientation of the FB-DIMM is as shown in Installing FB-DIMMs.
- Repeat Step 6 through Step 8 until all new FB-DIMMs are installed.
- (SPARC Enterprise T5140 servers) Reconnect the hard drive cable.
- Route the hard drive data cable over the fan module and along the
- Plug the data cable into J6401 on the motherboard.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Slide the server into the rack.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Connect the power cords.
See Connect Power Cords to the Server.
Note - As soon as the power cords are connected, standby power is applied. Depending
on how the firmware is configured, the system might boot at this time.