Install a PCIe/XAUI Riser
- Lower the PCIe/XAUI riser and any cards attached to it into the system.
Note - PCIe/XAUI and PCIe risers have keyed connectors to prevent incorrect installation on the
The following figure illustrates this step for Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 servers.
Figure 76 Installing the PCIe/XAUI Riser (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140)
The following figure illustrates the same process for Sun SPARC Enterprise T5240
Figure 77 Installing the PCIe/XAUI Riser (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5240)
- Ensure that the PCIe back panels are properly engaged with the corresponding slots
in the motherboard tray/back panel connector assembly.
- Tighten the captive screw to secure the riser to the motherboard.
- Install the PCI cross beam.
Slide the cross beam forward over the PCIe/XAUI risers. Ensure that the cross
beam is engaged with the standoffs on either side of the chassis rear
panel PCI cross beam.
- Tighten the two captive Phillips screws securing the removable PCI cross beam to
- Install the top cover.
- Slide the server into the rack.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Connect any data cables you removed to service the PCIe/XAUI cards.
- Connect all power cables.