How to Install the Server Module in the Chassis
- Locate the slot in the chassis.
- If necessary, remove the server module filler panel. See How to Remove a Server Module Filler Panel.
Do not discard the server module filler panel.
Caution - Do not operate the chassis with empty slots. Always insert a server module
filler panel into an empty slot within 60 seconds to reduce the possibility
of server module shutdown due to overheating.
- Position the server module vertically so that the ejectors are on the right.
- Push the server module into the slot until the server module stops.
- Ensure that the pawls on the end of the ejector levers are
aligned with the slots in the chassis sidewalls
- Rotate the ejector levels inward toward the center of the server module until
they lock into place.
If the chassis is powered on, the server module comes up to standby
power. The green OK LED on the front panel blinks.