Remove a DIMM
Removing a DIMM is a cold-service operation. You must power off the server
before you remove the DIMM.
- Determine which DIMM to remove.
See Locate a Faulty DIMM.
- Consider your next step:
If you have not prepared for service, do so now. See Preparing for Service.
If you are removing the DIMM as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 3.
- (Optional) Remove the DVD tray.
See Remove the DVD Tray.
- Press down and out on the release levers at both ends of the
DIMM slot (pane 1).
- Lift the DIMM up and out the chassis (pane 2).
- Set the DIMM aside.
- Repeat from Step 4 for any additional DIMMs to be removed.
- Consider your next steps:
If you removed the DIMM as part of a replacement operation, install a new DIMM. See Install a DIMM.
If you removed the DIMM as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.
If you are not replacing the DIMM, go to Step 9.
- Install the DVD tray (if removed).
See Install the DVD Tray.
- Finish the removal procedure.
See Returning the Server to Operation.