Remove the Battery
Removing the battery is a cold-service operation. You must power off the server
before you remove the battery.
- Consider your first step:
If you have not prepared for service, do so now. See Preparing for Service.
If you are removing the battery as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Remove the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
See Remove the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
- Remove the right PCIe2 riser card.
See Remove a PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Grasp the battery, and pull it straight up and out of its receptacle.
- Set the battery aside.
- Consider your next steps:
If you removed the battery as part of a replacement operation, install a new battery. See Install the Battery.
If you removed the battery as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component FRU Names and Service Links for assistance.