How to Install a RAID Expansion Module
An animation of the procedure to install a REM is available. See
animation showing REM installation.
Note - The RAID expansion module (REM) is supported only in CMOD 0 (BL 0).
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Remove the CMOD from the server. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Set the CMOD on a flat antistatic surface with ample surrounding space and
- Remove the CMOD cover. See How to Remove the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- If necessary, remove the protective cap from the REM connector on the motherboard.
- Remove the RAID expansion module (REM) from its packaging.
- Ensure that the REM ejector lever is in the closed position.
The lever should be flat with the REM support bracket.
- Position the REM so that the battery is facing downward and the connector
is aligned with the connector on the motherboard.
- Slip the opposite end of the REM under the retaining clips on the
front support bracket and ensure that the notch on the edge of
the REM is positioned around the alignment post on the bracket.
- Carefully lower and position the connector end of the REM until the REM
contacts the connector on the motherboard.
- Ensure that the connectors are aligned.
- To seat the connector, carefully push the REM downward until it is in
a level position.
- Install the CMOD cover. See How to Install the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
How to Prepare for Operation