How to Remove the Standard Rack Mounting Kit Shipping Brackets
This procedure describes how to remove brackets from a system equipped with the
standard rack mounting kit.
The standard shipping bracket kit consists of a front bracket, a rear bottom
bracket, a rear top bracket, screws to connect them to the rack,
and cage nuts to be used with the rear brackets on racks with
square holes. These appear in How to Install the Standard Rack Mounting Kit Shipping Brackets.
- Remove the four screws (1) that fasten the front shipping bracket (2) to
the front of the server and remove it.
- The front shipping bracket contains eight threaded holes used for storing unused screws
(four M6 and four 10–32). Remove the screws that match the threads on
your rack and use them to secure the server to the rack.
There might be two sets of screws stored on the front of the
shipping bracket. Use the set that matches the threading on your rack.
- Thread the long screws that you removed in Step 1 into the
four empty holes on the shipping bracket.
They will be stored there in case you need to reinstall the shipping
- Remove the four screws (1) that fasten the rear top shipping bracket (2)
over the back of the server and remove it.
- Remove the four screws (3) that fasten the rear bottom shipping bracket (4)
under the back of the server and remove it.