How to Install Oracle VM Server
Before You Begin
See System Requirements.
- Connect to your server console. For more information, refer to Communicating With Oracle ILOM and the System Console in Sun Server X2-8 (formerly Sun Fire X4800 M2) Installation Guide.
- If not done already, insert your Oracle VM Server distribution CD/DVD, or access
the ISO image distribution media for the method you chose in step 1.
- Power on or reset the server.
BIOS messages appear on the console.
- When you see a message offering a series of selections, press F8.
After a delay, a menu offers a selection of boot devices (see the
- Select a boot device from the list.
To boot from a physical CD/DVD or from an ISO image, select CD/DVD.
Refer to Communicating With Oracle ILOM and the System Console in Sun Server X2-8 (formerly Sun Fire X4800 M2) Installation Guide.
Control passes to the OS installation program on the media.
- Type Enter at the boot prompt.
- Follow the prompts to install the software.
Oracle VM Server and Oracle VM Agent software are installed.
For additional information, refer to the Oracle VM Server installation documentation at: