Verify BIOS Factory Default Settings
In the BIOS Setup Utility, you can set optimal defaults, as well as
view and edit settings as needed. Any changes that you make in the
BIOS Setup Utility (using the F2 key) are permanent until the next time
you change the settings.
Before You Begin
Ensure that the following requirements are met:
- Reset or power on the server.
Select one of the following methods.
- From the local server — press the Power button on the front panel
of the server to power off the server. Then press the Power button
again to power on the server.
- From Oracle ILOM Web interface — click Host Management > Power Control,
and select Reset from the Select Action list box.
- From Oracle ILOM CLI on the server SP — type reset /System.
The server resets.
- To access the BIOS Setup Utility, press the F2 key when the prompt
- To ensure that the factory defaults are set:
- To automatically load the optimal factory default settings, press the F9 key.
A message appears prompting you to continue this operation by selecting OK or
to cancel the operation by selecting Cancel.
- In the message, highlight OK, and then press Enter.
The BIOS Setup Utility screen appears with the cursor highlighting the first value
on the screen.
- To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup Utility, press F10 .
- Alternatively, you can save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup Utility by
navigating to the Save & Exit menu and selecting Save Changes and Reset.