Configuring Adapter Environment Properties
The Adapter Environment Configuration properties contain parameters that define how the adapter connects
to and interacts with other Java CAPS components within the Environment. The Environment
properties are accessed from the NetBeans IDE Services window.
To Add an External System to the Environment
- Expand the CAPS Environments, and right-click the Environment to which you want to
add an External System.
- From the context menu, select the type of External System to add (for
example, File External System or Oracle External System).
- Enter a name for the External System and then click OK.
To Configure the Environment Properties
- From the NetBeans Services window, expand the CAPS Environment node.
- Expand the Environment created for your project and locate the External System for
your specific adapter.
- Right-click the External System and select Properties.
The Environment Configuration Properties window appears.
Figure 1 Adapter Environment Configuration Properties Editor
- From the Properties Editor, click on any folder to display the default configuration
properties for that section.
- Click on any property field to make it editable.
- If an ellipsis appears next to a field, you can click the ellipsis
button to open an editor for the field.
This is useful for long field values.
- Once you have finished modifying the properties, click OK to save your changes
and close the editor.
Note - The following sections describe the Environment properties for the Application Adapters.