Locate a Faulty DIMM (DIMM Fault Remind Button)
This is cold-service procedure that can be performed by a customer.
Use the DIMM Fault Remind button to identify faulty DIMMs.
- Consider your first steps:
- Swing the air duct up and forward to the fully open position.
- Press the DIMM Remind button on the motherboard (callout 1 in the figure).
This will cause an amber LED associated with the faulty DIMM to light
for a few minutes.
- Note the DIMM next to the illuminated LED.
Figure 43 DIMM Fault LED locations
1 Individual DIMM Fault LEDs
- Ensure that all other DIMMs are seated correctly in their slots.