Remove the DVD Drive
Removing the DVD drive is a cold-service operation. You must power off the
server before you remove the DVD drive.
- Consider your first step:
If you have not prepared for service, do so now. See Preparing for Service.
If you are removing the DVD drive as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Disconnect the two-wire cable from the DVD bracket (pane 1).
- Raise the DVD cover (pane 2)
- Lift the DVD drive out of the DVD bracket (pane 3).
- Remove the cable from the rear of the DVD drive (pane 3).
- Set the DVD drive aside.
- Consider your next steps:
If you removed the DVD drive as part of a replacement operation, install a new DVD drive. See Install the DVD Drive.
If you removed the DVD drive as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component Service Task Reference for assistance.