Install the ID PROM
Installing the ID PROM is a cold-service operation. You must power off the
server before installing the ID PROM.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a ID PROM, remove the faulty or obsolete ID PROM first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the ID PROM.
If you are installing the ID PROM as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the ID PROM to the location where it installs into the chassis.
The key on the underside of the ID PROM lines up with
the notch at the rear of the socket.
- Press the center of the ID PROM straight into the socket.
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the ID PROM as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 5.
If you installed the ID PROM as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component Service Task Reference for assistance.
- Install the right PCIe2 riser card.
See Install a PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Install the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
See Install the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
- Finish the installation procedure.