Install the Storage Drive Backplane for Twenty-Four Drive Systems
- Lower the storage drive backplane into the server, and position it to engage
the standoff hooks .
Figure 80 Installing the Storage Drive Backplane
- Using a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver, install and tighten the two screws to
secure the storage drive backplane to the chassis .
- Reconnect the cables to the storage drive backplane.
- Reconnect the power cables and the LED cable to the storage drive backplane
- Reconnect the six SAS/SATA cables to the storage drive backplane .
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the fan assembly door top cover.
See Install the Fan Assembly Door.
- Install the fan modules and close the fan assembly door.
See Install a Fan Module.
- Install all storage drives into the storage drive cage.
See Install a Storage Drive.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
- Reconnect the power cords to the power supplies, and power on the server.
See Reconnect Power and Data Cables and Power On the Server. Verify that the AC OK LED is lit.
Note - IMPORTANT: After replacing the disk backplane, you must manually program the product serial
number (PSN) into the new disk backplane. This is necessary because the disk
backplane is the primary quorum member for maintaining the PSN for service entitlement.