Remove the DVD Drive
- Remove media from the drive.
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the server power
See Powering Down the Server.
- Extend the server into the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Electrostatic Discharge Safety.
- Open the fan assembly door.
- Remove fan modules 2 and 3 from the chassis.
See Remove a Fan Module.
- Reach into the server directly behind the DVD drive, and disconnect the power
and communication connector from rear of the DVD drive .
Figure 68 Removing a DVD Drive
- Lift up on the release tab on the rear of the DVD drive
to disengage the drive from chassis.
- Gently push the DVD forward and out of the front of the chassis
- Standing in front of the chassis, grasp the DVD drive with both hands,
and continue to pull the DVD drive from the chassis until it clears
the front of the server.
- Place the DVD drive on an antistatic mat.