Install DDR3 DIMMs
- Unpack the new or replacement DDR3 DIMMs, and place them on an antistatic
- Ensure that the DDR3 DIMMs match the sizes of the DDR3 DIMMs they
If you violate the DIMM population rules, the performance of the server might
be adversely affected. For DIMM population rules, see DIMM Population Rules.
- Install the DIMMs.
- Ensure that the ejector tabs are in the open position.
- Align the notch in the replacement DIMM with the key in the connector.
The aligned notch ensures that the DIMM is oriented correctly.
- Push the DDR3 DIMM into the connector until the ejector tabs lock the
DIMM into place.
If the DIMM does not easily seat into the connector, verify that the
notch in the DIMM is aligned with the key in the connector. If
the notch is not aligned, damage to the DIMM might occur.
Figure 60 Installing a DIMM
- Repeat Step 3 until all replacement DIMMs are installed.
- Return the server to operation:
- Install the air baffle.
See Install the Air Baffle.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Reinstall the Server Chassis in the Rack.
- Reconnect the power cords to the server power supplies, and power on the
See Reconnect Power and Data Cables and Power On the Server. Verify that the AC OK LED is lit.
- (Optional) Use Oracle ILOM to clear server DDR3 DIMM faults.
DDR3 DIMM faults are automatically cleared after a new memory DIMM has been
installed. If you need to manually clear DDR3 DIMM faults, refer to the
Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) 3.1 Documentation Library at: http://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=ilom31.