Remove a PCIe Card
Note - PCIe slots 1, 2, and 3 are nonfunctional in single-processor systems.
Note - Prior to replacing or installing a PCIe card, refer to the card documentation for
specific installation and cabling instructions.
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server.
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Electrostatic Discharge Safety.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- Locate the PCIe card that you want to remove.
See PCIe Slot Locations.
- If necessary, make a note of where the PCIe cards are installed.
- Unplug all data cables from the PCIe card .
- Rotate the PCIe card locking mechanism , and then lift up on the
PCIe card to disengage it from the motherboard connectors .
Figure 62 Removing a PCIe Card
- Place the PCIe card on an antistatic mat.
Caution - If you are not immediately inserting a replacement PCIe card into the empty
slot, insert a PCIe filler panel in the slot to reduce the possibility
of radiated electromagnetic interference (EMI). For instructions for installing a PCIe filler panel, see
Remove and Install Filler Panels.