Remove the Air Baffle
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the server power
See Powering Down the Server.
- Extend the server into the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Electrostatic Discharge Safety.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- Remove the air baffle by lifting the baffle up and out of the
Figure 66 Removing the Air Baffle
- Set the air baffle aside.
- Consider your next step:
If you removed the air baffle as part of another procedure, return to that procedure.
Otherwise, continue to Install the Air Baffle.