Remove the Battery
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the server power
See Powering Down the Server.
- Extend the server into the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Electrostatic Discharge Safety.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- To dislodge the battery from its retainer, gently push the top edge of
the battery away from the retainer.
Figure 71 Removing the System Battery
- Lift the battery up and out of its retainer.