Install the Battery
- Unpack the replacement battery.
- Press the new battery into the battery retainer with the positive side (+)
facing the server chassis side wall.
Note - If the service processor is configured to synchronize with a network time server
using the Network Time Protocol (NTP), the Oracle ILOM SP clock will be
reset as soon as the server is powered on and connected to the
network. If the service processor is not configured to use NTP, you must
reset the Oracle ILOM SP clock using the Oracle ILOM CLI or the
web interface. For instructions, refer to the Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM)
3.1 Documentation Library at: http://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=ilom31.
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Reinstall the Server Chassis in the Rack.
- Reconnect the power cords to the server power supplies, and power on the
See Reconnect Power and Data Cables and Power On the Server. Verify that the AC OK LED is lit.